December 20, 2009 by sks
Cases number , and were adjourned in the Individual Military Court in Qamishli until January 2010 because the detainees were not brought from the prison in Hasakah.
The detainees are:
- Rojin Jumaa Rammo, was born in in Turbaspiya. She was arrested by political security in Aleppo on July 2009. Her case is no. ;
- Afrah Mohammed Musa, was born in in Hasakah city. Her case is no. ;
- Falak Naz Khalil, born in Deyrik. Her case is no. ;
- Mohammed Khalil Khalil born in in Deyrik. His case is also no. .
Afrah and Falak Nas were detained in Mohammed Khalil Khalil’s house at in Zorava district of Damascus, by the Political Security on August 2009.
The prosecutors charged them with membership of a banned political organisation under Article of the Syrian Penal Code.
This information comes through MAD Syrian Committee for Human Rights.
MAD is demanding the release of prisoners and detainees,
- in particular those suffering from chronic diseases and who need special medical care;
- and release all political detainees;
- the abolition of special courts;
- the abolition of ‘martial law’;
- and lifting of the State of Emergency in the country;
- respect the covenants and conventions that protect human freedom and dignity, which has been signed by the government of Syria;
- and to cease arresting citizens for their views and ideas.
Syrian Committee for Human Rights – MAD